Sign Up And Earn Money With Clicksor

2 drivers were killed in a suicide attack on a US-run development base in the relatively peaceful north of Afghanistan, a provincial police chief said

KABUL: 2 drivers were killed in a suicide attack on a US-run development base in the relatively peaceful north of Afghanistan, a provincial police chief said Saturday.

The High policeman in Panjshir province, Mohammad Qasim Jangalbagh, said 4 suicide attackers had targeted the US Provincial Reconstruction Team (PRT) facility in the district of Rokha, leaving 2 guards also wounded.

He said the 4 attackers had approached the base, 1 inside a 4-wheel drive vehicle and the others on foot.

“An explosion targeted the PRT in Panjshir left 2 drivers dead and 2 guards of the PRT wounded,” said Jangalbagh.

He said the drivers had been bringing fuel supplies 2 the base when it came under attack.

Isaf spokesman Christopher Pewitt confirmed the incident but had no record of fatalities.

“We can confirm a suicide attack on the PRT early this morning in Panjshir. There were no casualties to ISAF. Civilians were injured in the blast,” he said, without giving further details.

0 comments:

Post a Comment